Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday

GOD is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Today was our US Consulate Appointment. This is where we apply for Drew's Visa into the USA. Because our paperwork is different (because we have been doing our adoption so long we have been grandfathered in) it makes it a little nerve racking...more paperwork. Plus in the states i had to get a document notarized. Well I messed up on the date and i fixed it right there before the notary did her thing. Our guide here said that they might not take the document. So that brought on a little stress. Our guide called this morning and they told her to just bring the document, tell them what happened and they will have to ask the US Officer if it would be okay. When it was our turn to be "interviewed" we presented the document and told them what happened. He went and checked with the officer if the document would be okay. As he was gone, Mark prayed for us and the situation. The young man came back and said everything would be okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost started to cry right there. God is so good!!!!
 
I brought a journal and I have been writing down all the great and awesome things God is doing and continues to do as we go through each step. It is amazing how He is protecting our health and safety.  But also protecting our documents!!!! Even though there have been nervous moments, i have been completely at peace with everything. all the paperwork, Drew, everything. Thank you all for your prayers!! God has given me the peace to know everything will work out. Don't stress. God is Good All the Time!
 
Now we wait until tomorrow late afternoon to get Drew's Visa. Then we take a van to Hong Kong where we will stay the night and then head home.
 
The small little things I miss so much. I miss brushing my teeth out of the sink water. You can't drink the water so we have been brushing our teeth with bottled water. Not the easiest thing to do. I would love to go to a mall that has normal bathrooms :)  :)  I miss my "hot" weather :) I REALLY miss our girls!!!! It has been awesome to talk to them on skype but i so want to hug and love on them!!!!!! I miss our food. and my "normal" driving ways :)
 
We called our family doctor last night at 8 (so Monday 8 AM in Indy) to explain how our in country flight went from Nanjing to Guangzhou...that Drew was in great pain and screamed for 2 hours and that the next day his ear was draining...the doctor said that his eardrum likely busted and that he was really sorry because there was nothing we could do for now.  He commented that there was likely an infection somewhere and that we would get him on antibiotics when we get home.  So the 14 hour plane flight home will probably be very difficult.  Please pray that his eardrum would not rupture again...that he would not be in pain...that he would be calm for some of the trip...that we would be patient with one another and him...that the flight would go quickly.  I cannot explain how difficult the in country flight was, having Drew look at us with tears streaming down his face and him screaming and there was nothing we could do to comfort him.  So, if you happen to wake up Wednesday night please say a prayer for God's grace and mercy as we travel...(should be flying out of Hong Kong Wednesday night at 11:50 PM, Indy time).
 
Though there have been some challenges it has been worth it all. Drew is an awesome little boy. I can't wait for everyone to meet him. His smile is heart melting. He truly is a sweet, beautiful little boy. God has blessed us so much!
 
love, the 3 hess'

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Yea! the documents were approved! I love reading about your adventures and fun with your new son! I will pray for you as you make your way home...God is good.

nina said...

Suzanne,
I will be saying a prayer for your flight. Timothy screamed a lot too because of ears. We eventually had to have tubes put in and all has gone well. I know you are ready to come home and missing your girls. Drew will probably be very overwhelmed for a while when you get home. Everything will be so different. Hopefully, he will really like the girls since he has been around other children and they can all be close. Good luck!!

Jen said...

Hey Suz,
I LOVE seeing these pics of Drew smiling!! I can NOT wait to see him and give him a smooch or two!! Remind me what time you arrive in Indy. Glad all went well at the Consulate. Praying for smooth, peaceful and pain free flights home!!! Can't wait to see you!!

Robin said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!! All great news my friend!!!! :) A quick thought...There is a Physician/clinic at the White Swan hotel. Maybe they can see Drew and get you some antibiotics or something to help him with any pain on the flight back home?? Maybe ask your guide if she can get you there? Our friends that we made in traveling had to take their sweet little girl there a couple of times and said they were very nice. Hope all goes very well!!!! BIG HUGE HUGS!!!

China Dreams said...

Glad the document cleared. I completely understand the panic-a document issue extended our stay in China by a week while we waited for international couriers-and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Ruby

krook said...

love checking up on you daily. yay for good news! praying for a good flight home! can't wait to meet him!!

Time in Beijing, China

Amazima

No Hands But Ours
Picture Joy Christmas
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Counting the Days 'til Our Son Comes Home to His Forever Family

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker