Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Down

One down Three more to go…we survived our First Homestudy. The girls were great. Mahala and Olivia tried to entertain Brooke at the beginning but after they realized that this was “boring” talk they found themselves in their room…only to find later a HUGE mess. I can’t have it all…good children and no mess…that would be asking for too much.

Have you ever wondered who makes certain rules? And you would really like to meet that person to understand “why” they made that rule? I would love to meet the person who made the rule that our guns and ammo have to be separate, even though they are all locked away in a safe that the girls have never seen open and they have no idea where the key is. So now either the guns or the ammo will be out of a safe location so that children could get to them. Does not make complete sense to me?

I would love to organize all the government offices. We have been fingerprinted with Immigrations for our adoption (which by the way costs over $600). So one would think that Immigrations would check all state and local offices for any red flags…but I guess those fingerprints are not okay for Indiana State Police because now we have to get fingerprinted with the police for our homestudy (another $50)…I know that state budgets are low but come on give us a break once in awhile. IF someone has been cleared with Immigrations I say let them pass state fingerprints!

Sorry to be venting a little!!! When all of this is said and done and I’m holding my precious little guy it will be ALL worth it!!!!!!!!!


Next on the list:
  • start completing all the homestudy paperwork
  • start on our education training
  • Next Homestudy the 27th
  • Doctors Appointment for ALL Hess' 30th
  • And so much more :)

No comments:

Time in Beijing, China

Amazima

No Hands But Ours
Picture Joy Christmas
Shop Shutterfly for elegant custom Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Counting the Days 'til Our Son Comes Home to His Forever Family

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker